Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Friday, January 13, 2017

I'm Feeling 20!

January 9, 2017-20th birthday

What a week.

I got your package on Saturday, and I was AMPED. It was the best package I have gotten on my mission. I feel like you all knew exactly what I needed -- Right down to the boots. I wasn't sure if I should even ask, but the weather here is pretty bad too. The toothbrush is AWESOME and the sushi is AWESOME and everything is awesome! Thank you! I actually just sent a letter to Brad. I tried to send a package, but Moses Lake has nothing to offer in the unique gifts department. Haha. I hope my siblings aren't too disappointed when I come home and don't have cool coconut monkeys from mexico and stuff.

On Tuesday we had MLC down in Yakima. For the first time in a long time, I got to go an a road trip! It was super fun. We picked up the Zone Leaders in Ephrata, and the STLs in Moses Lake and Ellensburg. Elder Poloncic and I totally felt like parents in our wicked red Swagger Wagon. The meeting itself was really inspiring. Our first full year as a mission has been completed, and we were all pumped to set some goals for the new one! It was also great to see some not so old companions and friends. By the time we got back, it was 9:00... so it definitely wasn't our most productive day. But the rest of the week made up for it!

Our investigators are doing well. We keep trying to set up times to see Singh, but they keep falling through. At one point, we were supposed to see him at the Stake Center; but after 15 minutes of waiting around and calling his phone with no response, we decided to leave and find something more productive. On the way out, we saw none other than Singh drive by on his way to the stake center. But, because Moses Lake got wrecked with snow this week, we couldn't turn around easily and by the time we got there he had left. YSA work is difficult like that, I guess. We also met with some other YSA's this week, and I am starting to recognize the challenge behind it. The YSA here are all really cool, but a lot of our investigators talk to us because Moses Lake has nothing else to do. So it's a bit more of a challenge to find out their interest level. 

It's been a good past couple of days! We found lots of new investigators and have several teaching appointments set up with them for this upcoming week. We felt super tired by the end of it, but that's a good thing! My parents also sent me an awesome birthday package that had some of my favorite things in it, including a sonic toothbrush that cleans your teeth with science. Legit. Anyway, even though I can't remember the details of this week because I forgot my journal because I'm forgetful, it was a great one. Elder Poloncic and I are motivated to find, teach, and baptize!

I'm sorry the emails have been so lame lately. I feel like I constantly don't have time to do the things that I need to do, including writing these. Time is flying by, and I don't really know how that happens. But it does!


Love you all! 
Elder Moser


​Are those pants on that flagpole?

​Ride down to MLC. "Smile, everyone."
​I might have already shared this in one of my past emails, but I just found it again.
Throwback to when we toured Yakima County's Chief Coroners office! Most of the smiles here are fake.
Except for Sister Holmes, she's a psychopath. Haha just kidding.


No comments:

Post a Comment