Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Friday, January 13, 2017

Week 1 in Moser Lake!

Dec 19, 2016



Hey everyone! I guess first things first:

My new companion's name is Elder Poloncic (Pronounced Elder Puh-lawn-sick). He's super cool and a hard worker. We get along super well and laugh way too much. Between laughing and shivering, our sides constantly ache. I don't really know how I keep lucking out with such awesome companions!

I am officially in Moses Lake! It's pretty much how everyone has described it. It's a hole in the middle of the desert with a population of around 30,000. And for the past week, it's been hovering around 5 degrees. We've also tracted in the negatives a few times, so I can cross that off my bucket list! The people here are amazing. The church is very strong in this area and there are tons of members. Everyone here is some kind of farmer, and there are no orchards-just a ton of huge factories and chemical plants. I miss the rolling landscape with vineyards and orchards of the Yakima Valley, but I feel right at home here :)

Our area is pretty weird. With all the areas I've served in and with all of the areas that I've seen, I don't think that any area could be boonier than the Moses Lake 11th Ward. Everything is very spread out and extremely rural. We're not really fishers of men, we're more like hunters because it takes a while to even find a house! Even though our areas geography is pretty weird, the work here is amazing. We are working with several part member families. I would mention some here, but I cant keep their names straight; so I'll just wait till a later email. Haha. The 11th ward has also been having a challenge between the young men and the young women to see which group can invite the most non-members to church. Yesterday, a Junior named Shawn came to church with one of the families, and he really enjoyed himself. He told us that he was excited to come on Christmas! The members here are just awesome and love missionaries, so we are excited to start working with Shawn :)

I think I forgot to mention this last week, but we also cover the Moses Lake YSA, which is the largest YSA in the mission. That isn't really saying much because their are only like 4 YSAs, but still. It's actually a ward! It's full of tons of cool members, and apparently we're working with some pretty cool investigators there as well.

Welp, I could probably write more, but whatever. I don't really know what's going on still. Also, it's pretty cold these days, so If my hands fall off before next Monday, you may not get an email. 

MERRY CHRISTMAS!
Elder Moser
Ammon, the Yakima YSA that was coming back to church. He's so funny.
 I'm pretty sure he was singing a song from Saturday's Warriors when this picture was taken.


My boi Maseo.

Playing the Taylor one last time before I leave :(


COLD transfer day.


With my Christmas box I am extremely proud of....and off for Moses Lake!

My ride to Moses Lake was with Sister Yvonne Tolley, who was
a friend to my parents during residency in New York state.

Me and Elder Tietjen! I was so pumped when I found out he was my District Leader! 
#Yakima4evr


Looks like a big city, but it's actually just a chemical plant in our area. Or the north pole.

​Ron Ellis's Brother gave me this jacket in Cottonwood Canyon. What a guy.

BRRRR~!

Elder Poloncic and I trying to stay alive in our van, Becky. Yep, we drive a van.




No comments:

Post a Comment