Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Monday, October 19, 2015

MTC Adventures

Hello, everyone!

I have less than 24 hours left spent in the MTC! I can't believe how much faster this week went. It almost felt like a normal week, which is weird, because it has been soo hard. Our district has been hit with adversity from every angle the past seven days, which is making us believe that we will accomplish a lot when we leave for the field tomorrow.

Speaking of leaving, Elder Quast and I have our flight plans! We leave the MTC at 3:15 a.m. tomorrow morning, which is pretty ridiculous because the flight from SLC to Seattle is only an hour, and then the flight to Yakima is only 30 mins. I am so excited to get out into the field!! All of the investigators that we have been teaching have made me want to stay! We finally got both of our "investifakers" (people who are role playing investigators, but real people with real stories from the outside world) to commit to baptism, which is awesome, but it makes me want to see it all the way through. I want to go to their baptism, I want to be there when their families get sealed, and I want to help them continue in their path towards Christ. It is so awesome. The hardest part about leaving, though, will be saying goodbye to our district. The 10 of us have grown so close the past two weeks. Probably too close to be honest. Sometimes we get laughing so hard we can't focus on anything else for the rest of the lesson, but that is ok. I have definitely made some good friends here that I hope to see again. Best wishes to my sisters in the Arkansas, Bentonville mission and my Elders in the Wisconsin, Milwaukee Mission! Hurrah for Israel!

Yesterday was a great sunday. Sister Stirling, Sister Peterson, and I sang "How Great thou Art" in sacrament meeting with Elder Balukoff on cello and Elder Schauerhamer on Piano. It went really well for only a day of practice! Yesterday was  typical day of laughing and spirituality for district 24C. But this story makes it a little bit more hilarious. We were sitting in class waiting for our branch president to show up, and we were all to anxious to just sit their. So we had the brilliant idea to put the garbage can up on the top of a shelf and play horse with a crumpled up piece of paper. For added difficulty, Elder Schauerhamer also was standing on top of a desk with an oscillating fan to blow the paper away. At that time, two Elders from our district were in a separate classroom studying for a lesson, so when they walked through the door, Elder Schauerhamer reached around the door to blow the fan in their faces. Except it wasn't the Elders. Good ol' Schauerhamer was blowing the fan directly into the President's face as he showed up 15 minutes early. It was legendary. Their was an audible "oooh" from our whole district as we silently sat down and put everything away. It was kind of like that scene in the best two years. Yeah, that one. But President Jamison was cool about it. He just sat down and talked to us about how it is a good thing to have fun while on a mission. What a good guy. We also watched an MTC talk that night from Elder Holland called "Missions are Forever". He is the most passionate speaker I have ever witnessed. And he is hilarious. I would recommend everyone to watch that video if it can be found somewhere. 

We went to the temple for the second time as a district today. It was amazing. I am amazed by how many people the Provo Temple can handle! Its like an ordnance factory up in there! Its awesome! I am really going to miss being with my district, but I am excited to see where my mission takes me next. Well, I know it will be Yakima, but you know what I mean. I'm also going to miss hating the dryers on P-Days and playing basketball during gym time. I have learned so much here, and I am so grateful that I have experienced the MTC in the way I have. I have been on a spiritual high for daaays, and I really hope I can keep that going throughout my mission.

I'm almost out of time, but I'll be writing you all from Yakima next week!

Peace and blessin's,

Elder Moser



No comments:

Post a Comment