Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Monday, October 19, 2015

Handwritten Letter Home

October 14, 2015

Dear Mom, Dad, and those who don't write me,

I am sitting in class right now and I have some free time, so I thought that I would write you all. I know that you probably read my e-mail at dinner or something, but the MTC is seriously awesome! It can get really stressful, but everything is fine when you remember that Heavenly Father doesn't expect perfection, especially in teaching, and I am so grateful for that.

Speaking of teaching, Elder Quast and I just finished teaching a non-member about the Restoration. It was our 3rd lesson with him, and I feel like he is really opening up to us.... We even got him to pray for the first time in 40 years. He said he felt good, and Quast and I were like "Yesssss!"  I think missionary work has changed a lot in the past few years. All that we have to do is love the person and tell them things that will help them feel the spirit. It is so great!

Elder Q and I are loving being Zone Leaders. We got a super dumbed-down flip phone that can only receive calls, so we're basically the coolest kids (I mean "Elders") on campus. We also get to meet the incoming district today and give them a tour of the MTC, all while acting like we actually know things.  But to be honest, I still only know how to get to my dorm, the cafeteria, and my classroom.  But they don't have to know that.

The dorm arrangements are perfect.  We get along with our roommates (Elder Roundy, the gentle giant, and Elder Lloyd, the hipster skater kid turned missionary.)  They are both hilarious and super friendly. They also play basketball with us at gym so they are kind of just part of our district.  Elder Lloyd is really small and Elder Roundy is Huge, so they make a funny companionship.

Hope to hear from you soon, with you being my mother and all!

Nath....ELDER Moser (That happens a lot.)

No comments:

Post a Comment