Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Monday, October 26, 2015

Mission Home

Hello, everyone!

I have gone through so many changes in the past week. I feel like every time I get used to one thing, it changes. But that's ok, change is what the mission is all about!

Elder Quast and I woke up at 3:00 am Tuesday morning to check out of the MTC.
MTC district Sister Training Leaders and District Leaders
We were up packing until 2:00 that morning, so as anyone would guess, I was really looking my best. Something about wearing a suit that early in the morning is just unholy. Anyways, we got onto a bus, which took us to a train, which took us to the airport. I was really looking forward to calling my family, but there were 21 missionaries flying into Yakima that day, so all of the phones were being used.
Loading the train.  Look at all those missionaries!
I wanted to call my family in Seattle, but unfortunately, our plane was late getting there so we didn't have time. Bummer. Well, there's always Christmas, right?

 


To get to Yakima I rode a bus, then a train, then a plane, then another plane, then a tuck!  


Our plane into Yakima was a tiny twin prop plane that was full of almost just the missionaries. When we landed at the glorious Yakima Airport, President Lewis, his wife, and several other people from the mission office were there to greet us with hugs (just the men, of course).
That is one thing that I have noticed while being here. Everyone - the AP's, the President, missionaries that you just met - gives you hugs. I really felt welcome, it was like I was just adopted into a new family. And in several ways, I was! President Lewis drove us back to the mission home where we put away our stuff, had a much needed lunch, and then sent us off on exchanges to do some good ol' tracting.
Food!  Glorious, tasty food!
Tracting honestly wasn't that bad! I really enjoyed it. Nobody was answering their doors, so Elder Taele and I helped a guy that was outside stacking wood in his backyard. He invited us to sit and talk with him, so we did. we were there for probably 45 minutes just talked about Jesus and a little bit about our religion. He really appreciated all that we missionaries do, but he wasn't interested in our religion because he already has his own.

Green x 23
After that, Elder Taele let me introduce ourselves to an older guy outside doing some yard work. We started talking right away about religion when he noticed our tags, and so I asked him' "are you religious at all?" He just stared at me for a few seconds and then said,"Well, yes! I'm in your ward!" Elder Taele totally set me up. He said I did a good job, but he got a good laugh out of it.

Writing letters home






















Parting with my first companion, Elder Quast.


No comments:

Post a Comment