Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Friday, September 8, 2017

Transfers!

August 28, 2017

I honestly don't have a lot of time to right this email, but I here's the update!

Firstly, Elder Allsop broke his nose playing cage soccer on the Saturday morning we were supposed to figure out all of the transfer logistics for this week. So that was crazy. He and another missionary both went up for a header, and BAM. Elder Allsop played it off really well, but when we got into the car, he asked, "Elder, be honest. Does my nose look normal to you?" I looked him in the face, and his nose was completely bent to the side. "Oh. My. Goodness, Elder. Your nose is straight up done for." We then had a great time trying to find a walk-in clinic that was open at 7 am, blah blah blah, and we ended up finding a member doctor that would be willing to break his nose back into place free of charge. It was nasty, but fascinating! I'll have to show you all the video some time. Elder Allsop wasn't numbed up or anything, and he took the pain like a champ. I'll send a picture next week :)

Another week has flown by, mostly because transfer planning took up a majority of the time every day. It always amazes me how calm President Lewis is during our planning sessions. So many factors, so many people to worry about; and yet he remains so thoughtful and collected. It has been an incredible week. As part of the transfer planning process, Elder Allsop and I learned that I will be transferred on Wednesday to finish up my last 6 weeks. I will be doubled into the Eastmont Ward in Wenatchee (my first walking area!) with a new missionary to train. From what I've heard, the Eastmont ward has struggled a little bit in terms of baptisms, but the ward is incredible! Wenatchee is one place in this mission that I have never served in, and I am so excited for my new assignment. Honestly, this area is going to be really hard to leave. After 6 months, I have become such good friends with the Lewis's and office staff, the ward, and all of the people I've taught here. I've said it once before, but I'll say it again: Yakima, the name of a place that meant nothing to me two years ago, has become a sacred place for me. I can not believe that I feel so much love and such a connection with a popdunk city in the middle of Central Washington. I am feeling so much gratitude right now for the experiences Heavenly Father has let me have on my mission, and knowing that this transfer will be my last makes me want to give everything I have to my new area and new companion!

Overall, this week has been a great one to end my time here in Yakima. We have really felt the hand of the Lord assist us in the work, especially when we don't have as much time in our area. I love being a missionary! 
Love you all,
Elder Moser

Prescotts-and incredible family that helps us with our teaching.

Cates Family. I love nerding out about science stuff with them.

Impromptu Nerf gun war with the Parkers with Elder Miles (my replacement)

​​He's a vampire alien, duh.

The Parkers. They are obviously pretty fun.

​Bishop and Sister Englund

Jerald Lofgren (aka LolingLofgren). Elder Bird and I taught and baptized
 him almost a year ago, and now his mission papers are in!! Woo!

The Palmers! I seriously love this family. Matt has officially been
a member for a week!

​Los Hartwigs

Rocking that disheveled look after a long night of transfer bizness.

No comments:

Post a Comment