Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Sunday, September 24, 2017

Bike Crashes and Yoga

September 11, 2017

Hello friends!

The work in Eastmont continues to move forward! It was a busy week for us. I've decided that being in a walking area is like watching T.V. with no commercials. We are out in the work all day long, without any interruptions. It feels good! Elder Fotheringham and I met what feels like half the town of East Wenatchee last week. I have never done so much tracting/street contacting in my life. Our area also has a TON of apartments, so there are always new people moving in and out, from young families to old couples. We have had a lot of fun getting to meet some of them! 

I din't really request this area. When we were transfer planning, President Lewis asked, "Elder Moser, where haven't you served?" I told him Wenatchee, and then that was that. Originally, I was in a ward on the other side of the river that also didn't have a car, but I ended up going to Eastmont in the end! Pretty cool. My legs are holding out. I love it. It will feel good to get back into biking when I get home. I'm starting to weed out some of my hobbies that were just "fads" and some that I actually will stay invested in, and biking is definitely one of them. Guitar is the other. And the gospel is definitely another, of course!

Our area is definitely different from my last in Yakima. For starters, it's on a mountain. Maybe I've mentioned that before. We got bikes last week, and we can get from the top of our area to the bottom in 5 minutes. However, it takes about an hour to get back up to the top since it's a little too steep to ride in places. Speaking of bikes, we were riding our bikes down a hill after a member dinner one night, and my derailleur was freaking out. I was looking down to see if I could fix the issue, and after just a few seconds, WHAM. I slammed into the back of a parked car, sending my bike flying up behind me and planting my face firmly into this dudes trunk. I scraped myself off the back and immediately checked my face in the window to see if I actually hurt myself, but we were good. I didn't even really feel it. And to make things better, no one even saw. Blessin's.  

The hunt is still on to find new investigators here. We are doing everything we can! Even though we haven't found anyone yet, we have had some great experiences. Just the other night, we met a man with a young family and dreadlocks named William who is studying to become a yoga teacher. And not the yoga that you are probably thinking about, but the ancient Indian art of becoming "one with truth." He was so friendly, and taught us a lot of things that really made sense to us. It was especially cool to see that even a 3000 year old practice has similar concepts to the gospel. It all comes down to finding peace in the truth and doing good to other people. We shared a freshly picked watermelon out on his porch, and then we headed home for the night. It's experiences like this that make me so grateful to be on a mission. Even though we aren't teaching very much right now, I still witness simple acts of kindness that brighten my day and increase our desires to share the light of Christ with everyone. It feels so good to give! I hope all of you have lots of opportunities this week to feel that for yourselves.

Peace and blessings, 
Elder Moser

Zone Conference 9/12/17





No comments:

Post a Comment