Washington Yakima Mission

Thursday, August 3, 2017

An Email

July 24, 2017

This past week was crazy. On Monday, Elder King, Elder Allsop, and I went to the mission home to spend most of the evening with the departing missionaries before the left for the airport the next morning. It was especially crazy because that group of elders was the very first group of missionaries called to the Washington Yakima Mission. The next morning, the three of us woke up at 3:00 a.m. to help take all of the above mentioned missionaries to the airport. I have never witnessed a group of missionaries depart from the airport, but it was a crazy feeling. A lot of mixed emotions. But it could also be because we got 2 hours of sleep that night; I get emotional when I'm tired.

Departing group

On Tuesday, we welcomed a fresh batch of new missionaries from the MTC! I was sad to see that Elder Redford (a missionary from Blackfoot who was supposed to report that day) was unable to make it out because of an MTC injury. I hope I get to meet him before I leave! The rest of the group was tired just like we were, but they were so excited to be in their mission. We can't wait to see what they do! Oh, and while one of the orientation meetings was going on, we went out to proselyte and had dinner with the less-active 70 that we mentioned last week, Brother K'ang. He had fresh sushi, seaweed salad, and fried little baby squids. So basically I ate the ocean, including a little baby squid that I thought was going to start swimming around in my mouth. It was a treat.
Back to the airport by 11 am.

New Group Orientation

Wednesday was the most stressful day of my mission. The three of us were in charge of all of the transfer logistics and also the trainer/trainee meeting that happens that morning. We were running back and forth from the meeting to the garage to tagging luggage to back to the meeting... It was sweet. I think I'll wear my track shoes next time and we're gucci.

Elder Allsop is incredible. He's so chill and fun. I lave loved being his companion, and I'm excited that it's still the beginning! We have already seen miracles together. On our first day out together, we tracted into some less-active Filipinos, the Santos family, that moved to the US 10 years ago after being baptized, but then didn't know where to go to church. They have been going to an catholic church for almost 10 years, but were so excited to see us that they said that we could expect them to come back. They are such humble people! We went by yesterday and they shared some home-made Filipino-style barbecue. So great!

This week, Matt invited one of his friends named Steven over to his house to have a lesson with him and his family. It was incredible. Matt has been working with this guy for a long time, and loves showing him all of the scriptural references in the bible that talk about the priesthood (you know, since Matt is a scriptorian and what-not). Steven said that he is excited to find out if this is the truth. He's already lost some friends for meeting with us, but he is committed. We can see him being baptized soon!

We have felt Heavenly Father guide us all week long. There is no way this work would work without Him. There is no better feeling than to be a conduit for the work that God wants done!

Peace and blessings,
Elder Moser
Our gang.

No comments:

Post a Comment