Mission

Washington Yakima Mission

Tuesday, October 10, 2017

The Last Email!


Oct 9, 2017

First of all, I don't really know what to say. So I'm just gonna say that.

It's been a fun ride in the Eastmont Ward. I had no idea I would feel such a love for these people after only 6 weeks! They have become some of my best friends, and I can't even begin to describe what they have taught me.

My mission has meant the world to me. When I look back at the beginning of my mission in the desolate little town of Coulee Dam Washington, I was convinced that the time was going to crawl. I was positive a mission would take forever. I also had a few of my own doubts about the gospel and about myself, as most do. Now, I can look someone that I just met straight in the eyes and tell them that there is more to life than what we see. I know from my own experience that God loves us. I know because of its fruits that the gospel really does strengthen the family beyond anything that we could even imagine. Though I have never seen Him, I have felt the savior's hand in my life in the times that I have needed Him the most. Whether It was sleeping in our car overnight in 9 degrees after getting stuck in the middle of nowhere, or getting awkwardly cornered into a person's doorway by a pitbull, or teaching the restored gospel to a family that needed it -- I know that God has a way of helping us not just do what we need to do, but become what he knows we can become. I really don't know what else to say. As an elder once said during my first transfer,  "It's hard to describe a Celestial experience in Telestial words."

Tomorrow, I will see my family in person for the first time in two years. Maybe it's taken that long for me to truly understand how important they are to me. I am so excited to see you all!

Love you all, and I'll see you tomorrow!
Elder Moser





One last musical number.

Made it to the finals...

Elder Moser's jacket on the Right.

Early morning...clock reads 3:30 am.

No comments:

Post a Comment